DiffMerge is an application to visually compare and merge files for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Graphically shows the changes between two files. Includes intra-line highlighting and full support for editing.
- Graphically shows the changes between 3 files. Allows automatic merging (when safe to do so) and full control over editing the resulting file.
- Right-click on any two files in Windows Explorer to diff them immediately.
- Rulesets and options provide for customized appearance and behavior.
- Compatible with 42 different character encodings.
- Identical feature set on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- When the /result option is used, DiffMerge now exits with an exit status that reflects the state of the merge (MERGE-RESOLVED, MERGE-ABORTED, ERROR, etc.)
- Support for saving the contents of a Folder Window to a file. This creates a UTF-8 CSV containing the rows currently displayed in the window (respecting the various Show/Hide toolbar buttons).
- Support for Explorer Integration (EI) on 64 bit Windows XP and Vista. DiffMerge is still a 32 bit application and runs on 32 and 64 bit systems. However, the EI DLL which hooks into Windows Explorer must be the same bit-ness as the platform. This release contains 2 versions of the DLL.